Genocide Essay writing presentation challenge
Background & Competition Message
The country, Rwanda is honouring for the 25th Commemoration of Genocide against Tutsi, it is a significant time to be sure that all youths learn and understand how Genocide against Tutsi was prepared, executed, how it was stopped/liberation struggle and its consequences.
Genocide Essay writing and Presentation Challenge aims at helping students of secondary schools to better understand the History of Rwanda and their role in shaping a future free of genocide and its ideology as well as developing knowledge that enable them to fight against extremism and express human rights principals in their daily activities.
How to get an information?
- Visit GAERG website, https://gaerg.org.rw
- Question can be emailed to email@example.com whith subject as Genocide Essay writing and Presentation Challenge,2019 or Call 0788315809
Apply & Submission Procedure
- Everyone wishes to participate in the competition should apply via the online registration form available at http://bit.ly/GAERGenocideChallenge or approach school administration to fill hard copy form.
- soft copy should be submitted through GAERG Email, firstname.lastname@example.org while hard copy should be submitted to dean of study office
- The application for this coming challenge is open starting on 30th September 2019 to 10th
- The deadline to submit written essays is on 20th October 2019
- The list of selected students to contest will be published on 1st November 2019
- The competition will start on Monday 4th November 2019 and the host School in Gasabao will be FAWE Girls School, the host school in Kicukiro will be King David Academy, the host school in Nyarugenge will be Lycee Notre dame de Citeaux and in Bugesera it will be APEBU.
- Competition D-Day will be communicated after consultation with school principals but it will be between 4th – 7th November 2019.
- 2 winners in each district will be awarded
Rules and Regulation
- Only students in A’Level are allowed to contest.
- The competition language is Kinyarwanda and anyone who wants to make a statement/Argument in English or French can freely express him/herself.
- Only one topic to be selected
Proposed Topics for Genocide Essay Writing and Presentation
- Colonialism is responsible for the idea that Rwandans are different from one another
- Formal education is the best way to eliminate genocide ideology
- Survivors of genocide are responsible for educating others about Genocide
- Churches and schools spread genocide ideology more than friends and family members
- Youth became involved with the Interahamwe because they are easy to manipulate.
- Discuss the issue of genocide denial and the way youth can play their role in fighting against Genocide ideology.
The Competition is Jointly organized by
GAERG, AERG, CNLG, NYC, KIGALI CITY